After the summer break, I got busy setting up a new eLearning platform for our local university. It was an upgrade from a version I had introduced to a limited group of students last year, and offered lots of features for interactive learning with a sleek interface.
In the last two weeks, my colleagues and I have set up around 15 courses, with over 700 registered users. However, what started as a little experiment on my shared virtual server, is now a monster with a constant appetite for database queries; the result is frequent warnings of overload, impatient students (definition: anything longer than instantaneous), and further warnings from my hoster of CPU throttling.
As if this weren’t enough, there’s a DDOS attack underway.
I hope it’s not my students trying to upload their assignments :oops: